03-07-2024, 07:23 PM   #313
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
I agree with what you’re saying. To me it sounds like I hear the noise when the springs are at full extension/rebound after a minor road imperfection. My thinking was that stiffening or lowering might change the rebound but another forum member just confirmed he still has the thump after lowering with Eibachs.

I had my car up on jacks in the garage and confirmed it is not the exhaust in my case. I was able to freely move the exhaust while under the vehicle and it made absolutely no contact with anything from the downpipe all the way to the tips. I also tried to play around with the fuel tank which is near where the sound originates. I could not recreate any thumping noise but I did not fully rule it out. Might be worth looking into further, I just don’t have time to get under the car to look just yet.
What about the stock “exhaust tip” openings? I was washing it last week and noticed when cleaning around those ports they wiggled a little and clicked against the bumper slightly. Not the same sound by any means, but there was a sound. I was going to remove the right side and see if that changed anything. It’s a stretch because I doubt they would make that deep a klunk. I guess anyone who’s done the quad tip upgrade would know.
Appreciate 0