03-08-2024, 01:08 PM   #319
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkows View Post
New guy here with same issue. Can’t recall where I read it, but I’ve seen where some suspected the issue could be with the valved exhaust baffle knocking around in different states (hence why the sound is more pronounced in sport mode/sport+ than comfort)…swapping out exhausts fixed the issue. TBH, the sound is there, but I’m able to live with it…not nearly as annoying as the rear deck rattle I had on my E46 M3.
Ok this is interesting. Is this the infamous exhaust valve that everyone wants to keep open? Or is there another valve in the muffler for example, which makes the exhaust louder depending on the driving mode? Like I’ve said, it has an exhaust kind of hollow thumping sound to it. And I’ve noticed that on some roads where you get a series of those little bumps…it kind of gets the whole car bouncing up and down sort of, and I can hear like a couple clunks. Closer to a rattle.
Of all the things tried that didn’t work, I don’t think anyone’s tried replacing the muffler/exhaust. I guess the question is, has anyone who has a different exhaust hear it??
Appreciate 0