View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 08:01 AM   #5
akumachu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2, 2015 F22 228xi

I got the AT ZB last November and got just under 3k mile now.
No issue with any quality. As comparing to my 2015 F22 228 that was built in leipzig, the G87 paint is seems to be nicer, and quality is higher.

There were also some post and video about the mexico plant, and that factory has the newest machine and technology. I personally believe better technology and tool reduce human errors, thus I had no worries about quality.
Keep in mind the factory is doing the assembly of parts, so it is not like they are building every part from scratch at the plant. Newer and newer machine probably has higher precision to torque or weld thing into spec.

Also the fact that these are M cars, and don't think BMW would let the quality slip.

I daily mine with two car seats in the back for my young children, so it is fairly practical even without those extra doors. I always like small two doors car so I am biased.

Autocross season starts for me in a month so I can't say much like others on the driving dynamic for me. All I know is that this car is fast. And because of that I am going to try tracking this summer. This car deserves/needs more than just twist road or autocross.
Appreciate 1