03-19-2024, 05:06 PM   #131
MASHCT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by evdoho View Post
I’m curious, on what basis are we expecting MY25 to NOT be an LCI?
We know for sure that the 2 Series coupe (non-M) is getting MY25 LCI starting August production, and we know for sure that the M2 is getting power increase and allegedly new colors for MY25 also starting August production.
Why would BMW go through the effort of a power increase and new colors, also while giving an LCI to a non-M counterpart on the same production schedule, just to then do an M2 LCI the following year?

I’m surprised nobody else seems to share my perspective that all signs point to MY25 being the LCI for the M2.

Thoughts?
I've seen several articles stating 2025 won't be an LCI - from bmwblog (I know this source is quoted a lot):

"It won’t be a fully-fledged Life Cycle Impulse since there aren’t going to be enough significant revisions to warrant the LCI terminology. The mildly revised cars will begin to roll off the assembly line in Mexico in August. Our sources close to Munich have told us the kidney grille could get a nip and tuck with new black elements."

https://www.bmwblog.com/2024/03/16/2...ft%20(550%20Nm).
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0