03-27-2024, 07:40 AM   #9
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoneinvt View Post
New to the M2 forums and wanted to reach out. So I have been on the fence for a while on whether to replace my 2022 Z4 with a new Z4 with a manual. As much as i love the convertible I really love the look of the M2 and the newer display for the dash. If they added the newer curved display to the Z4 it would be no hesitation. But i am not sure i want to upgrade 3 years newer to have the exact same interior. Just looking for thoughts and opinions from those on here that have the M2 and especially anyone that came from a Z4 to an M2. I would wait for a 2025 for the hope of some new colors that are rumored to be coming a few of the new colors are amazing. Also hoping for some other interior color choices as well. Thanks for any input.
If you really love the (Z4) convertible is a hardtop coupe 4-seater really for you? Yeah, you can get one with the sunroof but that won't be the same thing.

I owned a Boxster for 16 years. During that time I also owned several 2-door 4-seater coupes, a 2006 GTO, 2008 Cayman S, 2003 996 Turbo. The GTO, Cayman S and Turbo were all good cars but they were not a like for like replacement for the Boxster even though they had sunroofs.

You might consider hanging on to the Z4 -- it is a 2022 so not that old and I assume in excellent condition -- and if you think you could love the M2 for what it is -- and it is not a Z4 -- then get an M2.

Have to mention I rather liked the fact my Boxster, Cayman S and Turbo (more so the Boxster and Turbo as they were from 2002/2003) had very similar interiors, dash layout, controls.

What I found I didn't like so much was when in Dec. 2017 I switched to a 2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack and a 2018 MINI JCW. Both good cars but the differences in the interior was not to my liking. The Scat Pack had a touch screen LCD while the JCW had an iDrive like interface. This I preferred greatly over the touch screen.
Appreciate 0