View Single Post
      04-01-2024, 02:48 PM   #31
kwikit356
Private
Rep
Drives: 23 M240ix 16 Porsche Spyder

I have only about 2,800 miles on my '23 M240ix, but I think I can understand what you are sensing about this car. When I was breaking it in all I felt was how heavy and ponderous the car was. Basically, I was so bored by it that I was convinced I'd made an expensive mistake. I shoulda just bought a damn truck. Keep in mind that my other car is a '16 Porsche 981 Spyder, 6MT and maybe the lightest car Porsche made then. To be honest, I still get that same feeling when just moving along somewhat slowly in the 240. You do need to be at least somewhat circumspect as to where and when you do this, but the best Rx for me was to finally decide to "wring the car's neck'" so to speak. This car is not "big" in terms of length, but it clearly is big in terms of being heavy. Having said this, I do still have the problem in that when I want to drive it seriously I find that I'm going very fast. It's not safe or responsible to be outrunning all the other traffic, so I often keep the car out of 8th gear and let somebody else go on ahead. The M240i is certainly not a sports car for me; it is a good GT, but not if you let it loaf. Almost everything is too big and heavy today, which is why I've ordered a Miata.
Appreciate 3
335i E92178.00
Jashue202.50
Hap152.50