04-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #5
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopG42 View Post
My '23 M240i just got a notification stating "Emergency Call system Malfunction". While that happened I also lost all connectivity to the BMW app. So after troubleshooting (rebooting idrive and logging in and out of the bmw app as well as deleting it and reinstalling as last resort) I went to the dealership and they told me the Telematics Communication Box was bad and they ordered another one and will install it tommorrow. I was wondering if anyone else had this same issue because the service manager told me it was a common replacement but I have no really seen it talked about that much. I am wondering if something I did could have caused it although I am not running a tune or anything (just a AA catted downpipe and milltek exhaust) not sure those would even correlate to that TCB going out but with everything being so tech oriented who knows what could have caused it.

I will update if they tell me anything else but as of now it is just "alot of these go out and you are still under warranty so I wouldn't care"
Electronics. Not unknown for an electronic device to fail early. Infant death syndrome. (When I worked for a consumer electronics company "burn in" was used to weed out the premature failures.)

Still whatever the electronics parts suppliers do to catch these early failures, I had the radio in my new 2008 Porsche Cayman S require replacement and it was just a few weeks old when the radio died. Car was under warranty.

Then just over 2 years after I bought a new 2018 Hellcat the NAV system went wonky and was replaced. Car was under warranty.
Appreciate 1
TopG4222.50