04-23-2024, 11:22 AM   #19
Ravenseal
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
As stated, to each their own. Just curious, what so you think is the most important safety items on a car (hint, tires and brakes). This is true, no matter what car you are talking about. Bottom line you asked, I answered. Have fun with those Auto Zone parts (no, they are not equivalent to Girodisc).

Not that it would change your standpoint but your math is off by a bit...
I've lost count of the amount of BMWs I've seen running LingLong Cosmo Macho Tires on Chinese knockoff wheels and other shitty mods. There is a genuine population of people who literally cannot afford these cars and yet still buy them. That's how you end up with a trashy second hand market, which BMW is infamous for. People literally DO. NOT. MAINTAIN. THESE. CARS.

Yes, you can save money buying HIGH QUALITY aftermarket parts and work with a REPUTABLE shop that knows how to treat these vehicles correctly, but generally, you're buying an expensive luxury sports car and repairs will never be anywhere near as affordable as American or Japanese cars. Yes, the brakes are $3,000. Yes, oil changes are $200. Yes, tires are $2,000. Yes, you're going to spend $2,000 servicing your transmission and differential every few years. Yes, you're going to spend $1,800 on spark plugs and coils.

So to respond to abrandonment, I'm tired of hearing questions and complaints about how much BMWs cost to properly operate. If you don't like spending money on maintenance, then don't buy a BMW.

Retired: 2022 M240i xDrive | 2021 Audi RS5 | 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE 6MT | 2016 428i GC | 2011 BMW 335is
Appreciate 4