View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 09:30 AM   #43
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
Not quite yet used to this BMW free 3 year/30K mile servicing thing yet.

But yeah I believe brake fluid servicing is included. Just saying even if it ain't having it done every 2 years is not a waste of money.

As for "OEM" brake hardware, trouble is OEM is not factory. All it means is the same company that makes factory brake hardware (pads/rotors) also makes the OEM hardware. But the OEM hardware do not leave the OEM brake hardware factory with a factory part number.

Is that the only difference? Maybe. But maybe not. The factory rotors can really be of higher quality. And consistent quality.

I have had to have the brakes on a few of my cars done and due to miles I put on the cars more than once.

When I have the car in at the dealer for this factory parts are used. And when I have done the brakes I buy my hardware at the local dealer parts counter. (And after a time or two thereafter received a discount on parts. Not only brakes but on oil servicing parts (filter, o-rings, drain plug sealing ring), engine and cabin air filters, wiper blades, etc.)

No problems with the factory brake parts.

While not every person who goes down the discount/OEM brake hardware path experiences problems some have reported problems. And having to do deal with the problems.
When I say OEM, I'm referring to original equipment parts (e.g., factory). These can be purchased online at a discount & are the exact same parts you'd get from your dealership Parts counter.

Brakes are also one of the easiest components to change on a vehicle, so I don't know why people pay the high dealer labor costs or spend time searching for indy shops to do the work either.
Appreciate 0