View Single Post
      04-25-2024, 06:07 AM   #2
ChrisM4
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
What I’ve discovered after 30 years of modding and racing cars is if I plan to keep the car completely stock I get bored and sell/trade it in about a year. I need to tinker with the setup and that keeps me interested. I’ve gone down the full rabbit hole with built motors, race seats, different / modified transmissions, full roll cages, external cutoff switches etc. I haven’t modded my G80/G82 cars aside from drop in filters and am currently on my third M3/M4 car in four years lol. (Though I was forced to trade my manual M3 as I couldn’t drive manual after I had a bad bike accident almost two years ago)

I think if you’re smart with mods you can have a great livable daily driver that’s really fast. (Catted instead of catless downpipes, maintain full exhaust valve control, no roll cage, pump fuel map and race gas / E map, separate set of drag radials on wheels for the drag strip and a race wheel/tires setup for lapping. The G chassis and S58 is such an amazing platform you can build a low-mid 10 second platform easily and not compromise on daily driving ability at all.