View Single Post
      04-25-2024, 08:25 AM   #6
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geighty7 View Post
I wanted to start this thread with a hot topic, and place it in general threads because it’s conversational.

This is for everyone who is getting tuned, replacing downpipes, aftermarket turbos etc.

This is also for purists keeping stock or OEM+.

Scenario: you replace your downpipes, either piggy back or full unlock and tune. You then start to slowly replace engine parts and go FBO.

What happens in 3-5 years? Whats your mindset? Are you planning on keeping this car? And if so, how do you think it’ll run just for a Sunday cruise, or getting some groceries? What happens if you want to sell it? Can you even? Who would buy it?

What happens if something goes wrong, or (if you keep it) 6 years goes by and you just want to go back to normal?

I’m not sure about you all, but being in a 6MT carbon package, I plan on keeping my car OEM+. I also plan on keeping her forever hopefully, as one of the last manuals standing. I’ve done my exhaust, keeping my downs OEM. I have her lowered on H&R VTF, and replaced my air filters with BMC. I have BBS LM’s and I’m completely happy. I know in 5-7 years, she’ll be running still OEM.

I LOVE seeing wild tunes, insane builds, single turbos, etc. I think those owners are wild and fun people. A lot of my buddies are those owners and it’s super cool. However, I always think “what happens after that excitement and hype is gone, and they just want to go for a Sunday stroll?”

I’m asking because I honestly don’t know, call me naive. I’ve never tuned my cars. I’ve always kept them exactly the way I like them, fun but super reliable and drivable.

Aside from your warranty gone (another hot topic) what do you do with this monster you’ve built? I mean, it takes billions of R&D dollars to create this specimen we are all in, but then here comes one big spooly boi, a massive primary down pipe and a guy from Norway to make it 900hp.

If you’re this person, what’s your 5-7 year (or longer) plan with your car?

If you’re like me (kinda purist, maybe neo-purist) what’s your outlook on these builds?

Let’s hear it.

This is only made a hot topic by some who dont understand or won'tlet things go. Just cause you modify the car (whether it be interior, exterior, suspension or drivetrain), you warranty is not automatically gone.
Appreciate 0