View Single Post
      04-25-2024, 10:29 AM   #10
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

My plan is to leave my M2 stock. And keep it as long as I want. That might be forever or next week. But I think forever more likely than next week.

(Although, I spotted a 2024 M8 Competition in Aventurin Red Metallic at the dealer the other day. Oh my what an awesome looking car. But $$$$. And the M2 spends too much time in the garage. Why have an even more expensive car sitting in the garage...)

Kind of related to my mention of the M8 above is when I want more performance I just buy a factory produced higher performance car.

I got my car mod'ing out of my system with my first car way back in the early 1970's, an Datsun 510 coupe with a 1.6l 4-cylinder. Overbore. High compression pistons. Isky cam. Dual side draft Weber carbs. Aftermarket ignition. External/electric fuel pump with fuel pressure regulator. No warranty to worry about. No emission systems. Car was easy to work on.

But I tired of it wanted something more suitable for work commute vs. a seldom taken advantage of track day.

Since then all my vehicles have been left stock. I have more important things to do with my spare time rather than spend time working on my cars.
Appreciate 2