04-26-2024, 08:07 AM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandonment View Post
Without belaboring the details I find myself frequently getting out of the car while it's running and needing to open the passenger door, I always find it locked.

My last cars had a toggle to lock doors when underway, which I kept off -- can I configure the M2 to stop locking the passenger door without losing the comfort access auto-lock when leaving the car (not running)?
Select Vehicle Apps, Doors and Windows, Lock/Unlock.

Don't recall all the options and my car is not handy to check this but there may be a setting that allows you to tailor the door locking behavior to your liking.

After putting the car in the garage and shutting off the engine I get out of the driver's door but the passenger door remains locked -- if I fail to remember to push the unlock button on the driver's door -- but when I go to open the passenger door comfort access -- me grabbing the handle -- unlocks the passenger door.

I very seldom -- maybe never (so far) -- have had a need to once the engine is running and the doors have locked -- after say a drive -- to bring the car to a stop and leaving the engine running and get out and open the passenger door. But I believe the comfort access would work in this situation too. If not I'd quickly develop the habit to push the unlock button on the driver's door before getting out to unlock the passenger door.
Appreciate 0