View Single Post
      04-28-2024, 04:58 PM   #59
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: VW R32, GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endz24 View Post
It really is the lack of response. I would stop in if it wasn't almost a 30 min drive to the dealership.

I forgot to mention that when I brought my car in for break-in, I let my SA know that there was rattle around ~3k RPM that seemed to be coming from the front speaker. He sat in the car and concurred. When I came to pick the car up, I was informed that it was a piece of plastic in the glove box and "his boss" wanted to charge me $200 for diagnostic time. I politely let him know that I wouldn't be paying that, as he also thought it was the speaker initially, and I wouldn't have brought it up if I didn't think it was a warrantable issue. There was also no discussion of any possible cost associated with the visit. After going back to speak to whoever, he let me know that he "took care of me." Like, what?

Despite the way it may seem, I promise I'm not a diva. I guess I just think that there should be a certain level of customer service expected when buying a luxury vehicle. Wishful thinking, I suppose. But it's clear that if you're not STRONGLY advocating for yourself, you'll get absolutely screwed.
Why wouldn’t the rattle be warranted? I assumed they had a limited “rattle” warranty like VW does.

I agree with you on the expecting more from buying a luxury vehicle. I didn’t expect or want much, but I had more of a “luxury” experience at VW more than I have with BMW. And VW had free snacks, haha. Audi also has a better service waiting area.
Appreciate 0