View Single Post
      04-28-2024, 09:03 PM   #41
LAnderson23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
you definitely want to ceramic coat it, Dr. Beasley's is the go-to for that. Since you can't claybar/polish frozen you want to prevent stuff from etching the clear coat in the first place, like bird crap and bad watermarks etc. Dr. Beasley's has some good cleaners but you can't use physical brute force like on a normal clear coat, it's chemical force or you're just stuck with it so prevention is crucial.

Frozen is a tough finish, chips are inevitable but it's not like frozen is inherently fragile or something. I had the worst case scenario happen already, dump truck merged in front of me then hit a overpass and sprayed my non-PPF front end with gravel and stones at 60mph and there's no chips or marks, I cringed hard when it happened and assumed there would be chips when I got out to look.

I haven't washed mine for 700 miles now and in general the majority of bug impacts are on the front bumper and mirror covers, I might PPF them soon cause they seem to catch the most flak on this car. I put TLG mudflaps on the front and they seem to be catching a lot of stuff that would've otherwise gone into the side, the sides are still very clean.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I really can't decide...the color is absolutely stunning but knowing me I would be super paranoid about it...ugh! Tough choice!
Appreciate 0