View Single Post
      05-01-2024, 08:26 AM   #13
DieselDuck
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMWB58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
You just need to walk behind the car when idling, or leave the windows down with a slight tailwind at a stop light. Car smells, and you can smell cars that have cats pulled out driving by. It's impossible for the car not to stink with the catalytic converter removed. Just not possible.

As for the raspy note, just have someone take your car and do a part throttle drive by. It has a tinny / raspy note and it's noticeable.
Something must be wrong with people's noses if they don't smell when a car is catless haha.

It doesn't really bother me though.

I'm on catless dp but stock midpipe and m performance muffler and imo it sounds perfect. Under load sounds kinda loud and bass-y (only so slightly raspy, but I guess it's subjective) and normal driving it's not over the top, and constant speed I'd say it doesn't draw any more attention than a completely stock exhaust would.
M140i - MHD Stage 2+ E40 - XHP Stage 3 - Catless DP - TU HPFP - MP LSD - MP Exhaust - Endless ME20 brakepads w/ Castrol SRF fluid - Bilstein B12 - Millway solid rear subframe bushings - Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport
Appreciate 2
Wires1670.50