View Single Post
      05-02-2024, 09:43 AM   #43
Jett2835
Rep
Drives: '24 M2 G87

I, for one, am moderately OCD. My g87 was delivered with a door ding on the lower edge of my passenger side door (i.e., someone opened that door and hit something). Might have occurred during dealer inspection, prep, or when they were installing "surprise" tint. Doubt it occurred during transport as I can't imagine the need of opening the passenger side door until it got to the dealership.

Was pretty upset, but the dealer had me bring it back in where they had their PDR guy do his magic. At the end of the day, I got over it - no one is going to care or notice except you.

Good thing is you can document all of this if you ever do try to resell privately. If you end up trading it in, no dealer will even blink an eye or care. Like everyone else in this thread is saying, you will most likely not even notice any difference with the new bumper. The body shops dealers use go through hundreds of vehicles a month, and should be quite skilled.

Unless you are PPF/wrapping the front or plan on keeping your miles to less than 300 miles, your bumper is going to be imperfect rather quickly with rock chips + dings anyways.

If I were in your shoes, I'd ask to keep the original bumper. You could offer it when you resell, or you can put it back on and use it as your sacrificial bumper for rock chips while you keep the freshly painted one as back-up for when it's time to replace.
2014 911 Carrera (sold)
2005 S2000 (sold)
Appreciate 0