05-05-2024, 01:36 PM   #9
BokTroy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootsTootsMagoots View Post
I popped one out to make sure it could be done. I tried ordering the silver ones but was told that they aren't in stock anywhere. I look at several parts diagrams for other cars (M3, M235i, X2, X5, and Z4) and it doesn't seem like any use this specific type. The X5's are close but the tabs appear different. I asked the parts place (BMW Northwest) whether they would come back in stock or if BMW deprecated the silver. I did not receive a response.

I've been a little too busy to do anymore research, unfortunately.
I do appreciate your reply OP thanks for your info.
Seems like there are a couple cosmetic changes whether it’s tied to cost cutting or product positioning (for silver switches when one chooses galvanic control). I noticed my car comes with black with white stripes seat adjuster compared with silver ones also so it could be some new supplier thing.
I will ask my dealer as well and see if they have some parts laying around but glad to hear it can be done by just popping them off. Was thinking about changing and a voice in my head told me if I really want to deal with this small thing vs potentially introduce some rattles from removing trims pieces.
Appreciate 0