Thread: 991.2 vs G87 M2
View Single Post
      05-06-2024, 04:01 PM   #22
shehatezme
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

I cross shopped a 991.2 c2s before I bought my g87 m2 6mt. I drove a bunch of pdk c2s and just found them a bit dull tbh. I think a 6mt might change that but I couldn’t even find a 6mt in my area to test drive, they are that rare! The steering and chassis capabilities are sharper than the g87. The car is like a scalpel and some times feel a bit too clinical and doesn’t have enough drama. I found the g87 to be more playful and has a bit more drama. Some people may hate me for saying this but I feel that the s58 motor feels loads more special than the 3.0L TT in the c2s. S58 just pulls and pulls. When it came down to it I felt like 991.2 c2s is really a $75k-85k driving experience by todays standard, not the $98k+ prices I see them switch hands at. I feel that I was able to get 85% of the driving experience with my new g87.

I actually got a 992 Carrera T allocation last fall as well and ended up keeping my g87 as my T spec would have been $145k. The 992 Carrera T is definitely not a $145k driving experience in my opinion. It didn’t help that the T msrp went up twice in the time that I was waiting for an allocation which left a bad taste with me. I think Porsche prices are getting a bit ridiculous. Gt3 are different story, I think they are worth every penny at MSRP as they are 100x in drama than the non GT variant. I am saving up for a GT car for sure just going to bypass the non GT stuff.
Appreciate 0