Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyjason View Post
Just saw on the bmwusa that there is no heads up display options anymore (230i)
Instead now there is premium package 2
Hi Guys
Dave from Australia here. I just ordered one of these for January delivery 22 and got some info on HUD and wireless charging. My primary work is in electronics engineering and the reason for the delete of the HUD and wireless charging for all 1,2,3 and 4 series is semiconductor shortages. Also deleted from these models locally is the full adaptive cruise control in the 3 series (same reason)
This is a real problem with a shortage of electronic components that's going to push out to at least 2023, so it's not BMW (or others) fault.
My last car was the MCB E92 M3 and been away from the platform until now, looking forward to the new 240i
Thanks for the info mate, I'm in Scotland and have a March delivery. My dealer has said all HK sound systems are now only available in M cars, I would imagine it's the same problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyjason View Post
Just saw on the bmwusa that there is no heads up display options anymore (230i)
Instead now there is premium package 2
Hi Guys
Dave from Australia here. I just ordered one of these for January delivery 22 and got some info on HUD and wireless charging. My primary work is in electronics engineering and the reason for the delete of the HUD and wireless charging for all 1,2,3 and 4 series is semiconductor shortages. Also deleted from these models locally is the full adaptive cruise control in the 3 series (same reason)
This is a real problem with a shortage of electronic components that's going to push out to at least 2023, so it's not BMW (or others) fault.
My last car was the MCB E92 M3 and been away from the platform until now, looking forward to the new 240i
Thanks for the info mate, I'm in Scotland and have a March delivery. My dealer has said all HK sound systems are now only available in M cars, I would imagine it's the same problem.
Definitely the same reason and what a shame. Nobody escapes these shortages. Basically the semiconductor and mining industry that supports it was shutdown at the beginning of COVID, then the shutdown of the semiconductor manufacturers in China, world wide Distributors buying out stock will take a long time to come back on line. We are going to suffer these shortages maybe the next 18 months or so. Lucky its going to be such an awesome car to own and drive.
One thing I don't get is why BMW (and others) do not leave the wiring harnesses and circuit board cavities in place so they can be retrofitted and coded when back on line instead of excluding present day buyers
Appreciate 0