07-14-2021, 10:33 AM   #233
bunker
BVARIAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
According to my research, there is no aftermarket company on planet earth that reproduces a M2 bumper grille, with the signature "M2" badge baked onto the slants, à la that of the OEM version. So, if this turns out to be a fugazi, it would be a first of its kind.. 🤨

I know this is not an exact science but the badge, which has the exact font as the M2 Competition's grille, combined with other subtle telltales signs, such as the BMW-esque tow eye cover cutout, are beginning to sway towards these leaked photos as bring (unfortunately) authentic.

If I had to make an educated guess, I would bet that the M2 is getting its own bespoke headlights, possible Laser Lights, since that lighting technology actually weights the least.

Regardless of where the chips may fall, it seems that history is destined to repeat itself, as it is shaping up to be yet another interesting reveal.

So all you BMW detractors out there, keep your pitchforks close by

I'm a trademark lawyer and I do this kind of thing for a living, but regardless feel free to take this with a grain of salt.
To me, the "M2" badge on the supposed bumper is clearly a counterfeit or a mock-up. The clear space at both the bottom and the top of the "2" are incorrect, and the negative space in the font is too large. Compare it to the M next to which it is displayed; the characters even appear to be two different font sizes.
Now look, I'm not saying this makes the bumper fake, but it's pretty obvious to me the badge is fake.