View Single Post
      04-14-2024, 05:59 AM   #29
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
What’s normal? I’d argue that people cross shop in ways that may seem nonsensical to some. I think this can be especially true with higher sticker prices which may have the effect of causing the buyer to give extra consideration to value for dollar. Mind you, for some value is not just about performance. For me, fear of buyers remorse can be a strong motivator also.
For track use, I would cross-shop both cars. Specifically, the DH Premium with the Handling Package and Recaro seats.

My general thoughts are I think the G87 M2 is a better overall package for most people at the price point. G87 M2 is faster around a track with the same tires as the DH with Handling Package.

If you track a LOT, the DH has an advantage from a catastrophic repair cost perspective. If you blow up the 5.0L Coyote and/or the Tremec, you just go online and "add to cart" since a long block is likely to be $5-7k and the Tremec is probably $2-3k. If you blow up a S58, you might as well toss your G87 M2 in a car shredder. It will probably cost you $35-40k for a new S58 long block + 2 replacement turbos.

The DH Premium with Handling Package and Recaros is a fantastic car minus it's $70k MSRP entry point. If it was price at the $50-55k range, it would unequivocally be my go-to track car in that price range.
Appreciate 3
KC87ZB316.50