View Single Post
      04-14-2024, 09:45 AM   #42
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
I am the first to say I am a fan and a prior owner of a number of American muscle cars but those cars were from the 60s and 70s. What American manufacturers produce now is junk. Put a high performance motor into a piece of junk body, interior remainder of drivetrain is not American muscle.

I would rather spend the money on a numbers matching classic (if you want a show queen) or a resto-mod if you want a powerful, safe American muscle driver.
Respect your opinion but couldn't disagree more. My 2SS 1LE was every bit as quality a car as my F87 M2 Comp, mechanically and fit and finish. The suede leather Recaro heated/ventilated seats were much more comfortable and grippy than my M2 seats - not even close. The Camaro's Bose stereo was superior to the M2 H/K system. The gauge cluster in the Camaro was customizable - you choose the look - what a concept! The Chevy infotainment center was just as responsive as iDrive and much more intuitive. The ride was comparable in both, even though the 1LE had adaptive dampers and the F87 doesn't.

Not sure you want to even start comparing the chassis, steering, and braking. I drove both the Camaro and the M2 at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock. The Camaro is the easier car to drive fast on track, at least for drivers of my modest abilities. I drove the M2 in MDM mode and the Camaro in Sport+ mode. My 1LE lap times were better at both tracks, and the Camaro felt more stable, especially under hard high-speed braking.

Why not read Road & Track's comparison?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...camaro-ss-1le/
jad4ca3.50