12-02-2021, 07:30 AM   #4
Lightngsvt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 G20 M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 702MoxyBMW View Post
but if you don't need a four door than I think this is a good way to go over the 440i option.

The only cons I can think of are the lack of RWD, 6MT and the gauge cluster is a bit too digital.

I saw a comparison to a Cayman but for me the Cayman is more of a track car where this is better for daily duty and better punch from the torque. B58 engine is tops so I can't hate on the engine one bit. Go get one!
Did you mean the 440 GC? I like the idea of the hatch on the GC vs the 340, but the beaver tooth grille and the reduced headroom negate some of the practicality of a sedan to me. I would've got another (M)340, but I like the idea of a sportier 2-door coupe too!

I think the majority of us agree with you 100% on this! I've always had 6MT and RWD, but I'm kind of OK with the AWD know but the 6MT is a huge blow. What's kind of funny is in the early days everyone was up in arms about no 6MT, but now you hardly hear a complaint about it being auto only. We have the B58/8spd in my wife's X5 and it's a fabulous drivetrain, yes it's a bit different than what we get, but our version is even better!

I completely agree that the Cayman is more capable on the track, but especially in base trim I wouldn't call it a "track car". Yes, the M240 is
is more practical and can be ALOT cheaper (the BMW tax isn't nearly as bad as the Porsche tax!) but the Cayman has a surprising amount of storage, gets good MPG, rides comfortably, and to be honest is probably a bit more reliable overall than BMW. The M240 definitely has the I6/B58, straight line speed, and price in its favor. Both are excellent cars (I say without having driven an M240 yet)!

How do you rate the M240 as a daily driver? I've read a few reviews saying the steering/brakes/throttle is very sensitive, do you find the car twitchy at all? How do you rate the comfort of the seats and overall ride quality?
Appreciate 0