View Single Post
      03-19-2023, 05:04 PM   #20
donm527
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Which will not mean squat if one wants a G87 within a manual as either of those will be available with the ZF 8 speed auto only. We know with near certainty that the manual trans is limited to torque of 406 ft-lbs.
I don't know if we were watching the same video but I got the impression there is no competition or CS in the immediate timeline as mentioned by the engineers.

Had a long trip today so actually had time to watch the video from watching the video and hearing them explain why no plans for competition or xDrive or no 360 or why using cast Wheels instead of forged wheels and they're dancing around with questions like colors available it seems to be there clearly positioning this car as an entry level M series and keeping costs down as much as possible to make it affordable for entry. They're basically saying if you want more then step up to an M3 or M4.

For many that's the perfect package and all the car that they need at the right price point. I think all the reviews will reflect that message BMW is trying to pass of a fun little car with a manual transmission you can't get with any of the other models.

Funny about the explanation of why they decided to go with cast Wheels over forged but how much are the optional carbon seats?
Appreciate 0