View Single Post
      06-13-2022, 01:06 PM   #105
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I love how everyone is baffled at what the power output of the G87 will be when ynguldyn confirmed it would be 455hp many moons ago.

The only caveat to that is we don't know what the EU models will be, probably safe to assume slightly less due to their particular filter requirements. Sorry to say.
Could that be why ynguldyn changed to base only at launch(with no separate comp option as well). His data is only showing one hp rating, leading him to believe there is no comp at launch. Why would BMW have a press event with two different cars(presumably base & comp), when the comp is supposedly year+ out. To me at least, clearly the manual was base G87 and auto was comp G87(like the M4). Maybe the G87 does have the same hp for base and comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Let me clarify with a collection of facts because people will read that short statement in every which way they like.

December 2022 release is for M2 base.
M2 base will not have a Competition option.
A separate M2 Competition model is in the plans.
It is not coming at the same time as M2 base.
My estimate of the probability of M2 Comp trailing M2 base by a year or more - 95%.
My estimate of the probability of M2 Comp being an LCI model (early 2025) - 70%.
Appreciate 0