View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 08:05 PM   #81
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebis View Post
If you put this way, many of us won’t benefit from the difference in the center of gravity. However, I got the carbon roof for multiple reasons, in no particular order:

- more headroom, especially for rear passengers. My son is only 11 now but he is growing fast.
- I dislike the sunroof, intend to keep the M2 for a long time and sunroofs beak and leak down the road, even if you don’t use it. Ask me how I know…
- no option for sunroof delete in the US.
- it looks amazing and I feel like a drive a special car.

At the end of the day, the actual mathematical calculations don’t matter, it is all about the experience. Combined with the M Performance suspension and interior upgrades like CF trim, alcantara center arm rest, performance shift knob, I have a grin on my face every time I get inside and drive.
Oh, I agree and am planning to order the CF roof. I just don't have any illusions about the real-world performance benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebis View Post
I don’t have it handy, but someone posted pictures with and without sunroof and there was a noticeable difference in the rear. That glass needs to fit somewhere when you open it.
I would be surprised if there is a big ndifference by the time you get near the rear glass because the sunroof on these cars is short and gets tucked into the more horizontal portion of the roof, but you might be right.
Appreciate 0