View Single Post
      08-06-2023, 04:07 PM   #3
VehicleVirals
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichael View Post
I am curious about the squeeking brakes. I’ve had 10+ BMW M models since new in the past 15 years or so, none until the M2 have I ever noticed to made this noise. I presently own a ‘22 G80 M3 Comp xDrive as well, never heard a peep in 2000 miles. I picked up my G87 M2 a week ago and it has been squeeking at almost every stop, no vibration though. The brakes look identical to those on my G80 M3. I did notice quite a bit of rust when I took delivery with only 7 mikes, but they are steel and I see this on my M3 every time I wash it. I was thinking that BMW is using a different pad compound on the M2, I’m not sure yet. I was going to ask my service advisor, but I rarely get infirned answers from the dealer. I would be very interested to hear if anyone else has something to say in this topic. Is everyone’s M2 doing this, should I have the pads replaced. I only have about 100 miles on the car. I attached an image of my G80 and G87 for comparison.
I totally agree. The noise from the M2 braking system is excessive. Most people stare at me as I pull up in my $75K M2 as if I can't afford a brake job. My F10 M5 has carbon ceramics equipped which are know for making a tad bit more noise, and they are whisper compared to the M2.
Appreciate 0