08-07-2023, 07:45 AM   #19
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VehicleVirals View Post
Listen I expected to have some brake noise with the M compound brakes, but the M2 seems to take it to the next level. Not only do I get a good amount of squealing when coming to a stop, but I'm also getting vibration and shaking when the brakes warm up. Best way to describe the vibration, it almost feels like abs is activating. Only happens when I'm coming to a stop, at low speeds. Anyone's else M2 doing this? It's hard to believe that my pads are glazed at just 3500 miles. I've never had to brake very hard.
Did you ever subject the brakes to a bedding in? My SOP is to where safe accelerate up to highway speed and then apply the brakes pretty hard but short of triggering the ABS and slow the car down to say 45mph. Then I quickly accelerate back to speed and apply the brakes again. One more time and done. Then be sure to drive the car long enough to let the brakes cool down.

Will say that with noise and vibration there could be a hardware/mechanical problem. I'd hate to advise you do a brake bedding in procedure until the brakes have been given a pro tech's inspection and found at least free of any hardware issues.

I'll add my M-B cargo van started manifesting similar behavior at least with regards to the vibration and shaking/shuddering. ABS intervention came to mind but it was not regular vibration but rather irregular vibration. This is *not* a sign of ABS activity.

When I had the van in for its 'B' service I had the brake fluid flushed and bled. The fluid was about 2 years old.

After the fluid flush/bleed the vibration/shaking/shuddering when coming to a stop was gone.
Appreciate 1