View Single Post
      03-20-2024, 08:22 AM   #14
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

2nd CBS service, the 1st being the 1200 mile running in service, was done yesterday.

The service alert -- which appeared some weeks ago -- said a service was due in 4200 miles (with approx. 6800 on the odometer) or by April 2024.

I bought the car April 14, 2023.

As it turned out the car had 7196 miles on it when I took it in. But I had the oil/filter serviced last Sept. 21, with 4883 miles on the car. (I like to enter the winter driving season with fresh oil in the engine. And I like to begin the summer driving season with fresh oil in the engine.)

A multi-point inspection was done before any services done. There is no info on the results of the multi-point inspection. No tire wear noted, no brake wear noted, etc.

A standard scope service was done per factory warranty maintenance.

Last but not least an oil/filter service was done.

Car was driven 3 miles.

I bought two oil analysis kits from a local Volvo big rig dealer parts department and had them in the car. The BMW tech collected an oil sample of the old oil and the virgin oil. I will send both of these in today for analysis and when I have the results I'll post them.

Service took very close to 1.5 hours. And was done at no cost to me. (Kind of surreal to get my car key handed back and not have to swipe a credit card...)

So the M2 received its 2nd CBS service.

Fresh oil in the engine. All other systems are Go. Weather is getting nicer. I see more usage of the M2 in my future.

Well, after my dentist appointment this afternoon...
Appreciate 1
chris7197368.00