11-18-2022, 11:37 PM   #43
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Yeah, but what if they don't even do it, or do something that doesn't reveal itself for a while later. No way to prove it. This is why I've maintained by Subaru BRZ since day 1, and still running strong from 8 miles to 192,000 miles.

Yeah, maybe BMW treats their techs well and it's not a concern, but I just don't trust people in general.
I've always done my maintenance myself as well; however, this is my first "expensive" car and since the first 3 years are covered, I want to have no argument against coverage if anything goes wrong. I would definitely say that if you take your BMW to a BMW dealership for an oil change, they will do it. jiffy lube? maybe a different story. I will never take my car (no matter the price) to a quick oil change place. I also have a hard time trusting people in general due to my occupation, but I don't have any issues for a paid service at a reputable company. it might also help that I have a great BMW dealership near me and know most people that work there (probably should have stated that first lol).
Appreciate 1