View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 01:01 PM   #1
Beaner
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

G42 M240i Valvetronic Designs Exhaust Review

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums here, and as you can likely see, this is my first post. I apologize if I have placed this in the wrong section on the forum. However, I'm excited to learn more about BMW cars from everybody here in the community, and I want to share a bit about my experience with the modifications done to my vehicle (2022 G42 M240i xDrive).

I have the first Valvetronic Designs M240i G42 exhaust and figured a lot of folks would be interested in my take on this exhaust system, as I have received a lot of questions about this exhaust in person. Hopefully, this helps reveal some information about this exhaust for others interested in a Valvetronic exhaust. To be clear, I purchased and paid the full price of this exhaust system and want to provide true feedback to help others with their purchasing decision.

Fortunately for everybody interested, this exhaust is awesome. This exhaust sounds amazing when the valves are open or closed. When driving in Sport+ with the valves open, it gets pretty loud and rowdy in the mid to high RPM ranges. My favorite thing about this exhaust is how it lets all of the sounds shine through on a spirited drive while being relatively tame during low rpm driving. There is an incredible overrun sound, the turbo is clearly heard through the exhaust, and all buzzy sounds in the exhaust and cabin are completely gone. There is no drone whatsoever, and the crackles, burbles, and bangs are noticeably more pronounced.

In my opinion, the exhaust adds a more aggressive look that this car desperately needs. The valves can be opened or closed at any point, and while closed, the sound decreases to near stock levels. However, regardless of the valves being closed, the cold start is noticeably louder. Leaving the valves open for a cold start allows a viciously loud cold start that will annoy all of your neighbors. Overall, I could not be happier; in my opinion, my car is now one of the best-sounding M240is and one of the best-sounding cars I've ever heard. I've also received many compliments from people saying it is one of the best sounding exhausts they've ever heard.

My car was the one that was used for sound clips in the official Valvetronic Design videos, and as good as it sounds in those videos, it sounds even better in person. I am beginning to see there are more exhaust options hitting the market now, and there are now other options for less money, but from the entire experience; the ordering process, presentation of the system, ease of installation, fit/finish of the system, and how well it performs, this exhaust is everything I could have asked for. It is truly a top-notch exhaust system that really lets the B58 shine. Could I have sacrificed and gotten the cheaper system? Possibly, but I believe my money was well spent as I bought this car to reward myself. I was told from others that this is one of the best new exhaust companies around, and I didn't want to have anything but one of the best on my car.

So ultimately, I believe it was all worth it! This system is extremely expensive, but I do believe in this case I got what I paid for. Hope this answers some questions for anyone interested in this exhaust or any exhaust modifications for their M240i. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Looking forward to learning from everyone and looking forward to laying down some beans with this B58.

I'm working on getting more photos and videos taken to add to this post. I'm just waiting for a day with good weather to get some good shots and sound clips of this exhaust system. Please ignore the salt and marks on the underside of the car.

Name:  14480.jpeg
Views: 287
Size:  107.0 KB

Name:  14479.jpeg
Views: 266
Size:  107.5 KB

Last edited by Beaner; 03-23-2024 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 2
VegasG42388.50
viperx100638.00