PNTDG42
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42, F97 LCI, EBA R35, Z34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasG42 View Post
Interesting.

So do the headlights that are gathering moisture have a specific defect ?

Are dealerships replacing them multiple times when customers keep having the same issue ?

I have a 2024 and am surprised this hasn't been rectified
I would assume it is not a manufacturing defect, but I suppose it could be, and then in that case then maybe a replacement would fix the problem. To know this, you would have to examine the light and determine its system of ventilation and see if there is some defect that has it closed off or clogged up its intended means of ventilation.

I am more prone to assume that the design just has inadequate ventilation to begin with, or least too inadequate to prevent this when just sitting with no airflow from driving. It might use some sort of venturi effect of moving airflow for its ventilation.. but your guess is as good as mine without having the thing in hand.

If you go for a good drive it might clear up. I do fear though that as it happens, when the condensation clears, it might be leaving dirt or minerals behind on the inside of the lens, which may then build up to look shitty over time and I dont know if that would make it even more prone to doing it more frequently, in a downward spiral.

So I guess that even though I think you will get a headlight with the same issue, I would probably want to take free replacements as long as I can if only for the sake of being worried about accumulation of shit on the inside of the lens.

See if they will let you keep the old parts. Ive seen people modify lights on other makes/models by adding their own ventilation in discreet spots. On my Harley, its like a mainstream mod to drill a few holes in the bottom of the instrument cluster to improve airflow otherwise the speedo can get so foggy you cant even read it.
Appreciate 1
VegasG42387.00