Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240I Thundernight Metall

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenLeeBMWDurham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb58 View Post
I was pacing around 9:15-9:30. Still trying to learn the car and and see how far I can push it. We didn't have the tire pressures set correctly until the second day.
Amazing! I'd love to hear how you improve your times as you continue to dial in the set up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbazz View Post
All great feedback - thanks for sharing!

On suspension, I would agree that I would want sport mode to provide more firm dampening for track conditions. I wish the dynamic suspension provided a bit more of a difference. However since this car will rarely see the track, I think it is ok for me for now. This is the benefit of the M2.

If you ever have alternative alignment specs for the car to share, I think many would appreciate it!

Quote:
*Update*

So…

Misha did a lap in my M240 and we made a video so stay tuned for that ! He is a much faster driver than me (obviously) and he had some positive feed back and some takeaways. I did an additional lap afterward just to get one more in before track closed.

Tires: started with 2.0 bar F & 2.1 bar R. Worked perfectly

Tires hot got to 2.8bar which is perfect.

His positives : power is perfect and the car obviously more RWD biased than the previous Xdrive models and the M Performance LSD helps out tremendously.

His takeaways: weight (given), car tends to oversteer but we may be able to correct this with a track alignment. For the Brakes just step up to a better pad, suspension is too soft for the weight of the car.

Keep in mind this is the Nordschleife which is extremely bumpy , has a few jumps and major elevation changes. So tailor your alignment to the track you drive on.

Final Thoughts: with some light modifications this car has major potential. Our only drawback here is the weight unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenLeeBMWDurham View Post
Quote:
I was pacing around 9:15-9:30. Still trying to learn the car and and see how far I can push it. We didn't have the tire pressures set correctly until the second day.
Amazing! I'd love to hear how you improve your times as you continue to dial in the set up.
Yes , no issues to both of you all!!