01-06-2024, 08:50 AM   #29
BoilerM
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 G42 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJZ67201 View Post
Please keep us up to date. They may want to open a case with BMWNA for additional investigation. It’s definitely more noticeable in the colder weather. My garage is heated so it’s not noticeable when first driving off, but can hear it more once the metal gets cold from being outside
They are still working on it. Two techs (including the foreman) heard the rattle, on two separate days, so that’s good. Their first attempt involved repositioning my aftermarket exhaust tips as they suspected it was bouncing around and making contact with the diffuser, but alas it wasn’t that. Their next attempt will involve inspecting the headliner where it meets the rear window. Give them credit for trying to address it. More to come.

In the meantime they’ve loaned me an m440i convertible. The oem exhaust sounds much better than my M240 but overall the driving experience is underwhelming. The mild hybrid is “ack.” My 5 yos are loving it though. Been driving around Chicago with the top down in 30 degree weather. #dadoftheyear
Appreciate 3
MPR1820.50
TJZ67201843.50
PP3121360.50