03-22-2022, 09:27 PM   #25
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenseal View Post
I’m sure a lot of people will argue for or against my thought process - but I planned to lease the car, see how it runs for those 3 years, and after that, if I like it enough, I’m happy to have it CPO’d and buy it back with an extra year of warranty. If shit happens - like getting into an accident or a general indicator of poor reliability, I can cut myself loose. In a traditional car market, which is NOT what we’re currently living in, BMWs lose a ton of value. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who financed a German car for 5/6 years and came out on top when they went to sell it (not counting Porsches, lol). I consider leases a dating period before marriage.
Yeah, I'm having second thoughts on buying this and dealing with it for years 4-8. I just hate the thought of leasing as it's like a long term rental. I'd like to add some carbon fiber etc. And do not want any surprises on lease turn in. Plus worrying about the mileage sucks.

What happens if I go over mileage even if I plan to buy it after the lease? Does it not matter?

May hold off on this and drive the new Nissan Z and go from there. I love Japanese cars from a diy maintenance and cost perspective

Last edited by MPR; 03-22-2022 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0