allfitat55
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
1st long drive impressions compared to RWD Stinger

So I had an overnighter to Sydney from Canberra about 330 km (205 miles) each way and here are some of my impressions v the Stinger I had before.

Economy.

I was (shoot me now ) I put her in Eco Pro for this trip. to test if it will make a difference in the long run I will try adaptive next time. I avg'ed 7.1L/100km The stinger would do in low 8's most of the time. Very impressed.

Gearbox.

Interesting not that it made a huge difference in the drive, noticed that the beemer loves to kick down a gear on the hill climbs in Eco Pro cruise control where the Stinger would hold 8th all day and night at 110Kph. I used Sprint mode at one stage to get around a truck and that's like rolling launch control loved it.

Comfort.

Subjective but I miss the vented leather of the Stinger I also think the Nappa leather is a softer leather than the M Sport seat supplied. The drive vision and HVAC all worked as expected and equal in both cars.

Road Noise

The Beermer on certain types of roads has a lot of noise road compared to the stinger, almost drone noise. This is at high-speed 80kph or higher. Not sure if its the larger front they supply I have the 245/255 PS4s set up. The sting carries the 225/255 PS4s set up and it had hardly any road noise.

Final verdict.

Both are great cars for this kind of driving but the beemer has more is just a lot more fun to drive and easier to throw around. I had ute in front of me drop some wood and doing the emergency avoidance zig zag was awsome feeling the car just said give me more. If I tried that in the stinger I would felt every bit of body roll for sure.

Very happy with my choice. Nest trip will be more of a decent B road trip as the UK reviewers would say between Canberra and Lake Entrance in Victoria lost of twist and turns.
Appreciate 5
MPSdriver192.00
jbazz256.50
02M3ForMe4267.50