View Single Post
      01-29-2024, 08:51 AM   #1
Troy1972
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xdrive

Bilstein Evolution SE installed

I thought it might be a good idea to make a separate thread for this since I read a lot of owners are struggling with choosing a new coilover system.

So I bought my M240i about 6 months ago, loved the car except the suspension. I had Eibach springs installed on OEM adaptive suspension but besides giving it good looks the car drove like $hit compared to my 2016 M4.

Now I preferred keeping the EDC and I like a sporty ride so the Bilstein EVO SE was the way to go and compared to Ohlins without EDC this one was even a bit cheaper.

I also changed the standard Pirelli's to Michelin 4S and had the car alligned and boy this move made it a completely different car.

Sporty, comfortable, hard or superhard is all subjective so where I drove my M4 in sport all day someone else find comfort mode too hard so I wont go too much into that
But the driving performance, the steering improvement and the handling are on a completely different level.
Where before the upgrade the nose of the car stayed behind in steering into curves this completely changed now.

The standard suspension was way too soft for the weight of the car and while being ok in daily driving the car felt dangerously unstable in fast and consecutive curves.

By the way, the EVO series is the same as the G20 so dont worry about this coilover not being available for the G42.

The height is adjustable but I put it on the same height as the Eibach springs. I will attach a fast phone pic.
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
Red_sir134.50
VegasG42387.00
BoilerM70.00
viperx100633.50
grooveK115.50
Ruebarb384.50
MJH215725.50