View Single Post
      04-29-2024, 08:53 PM   #1117
exmowner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PDX View Post
Not sure I understand all of your hostility.

Autoflex is one option that BMW owners can assess on their own.

To compare Autoflex to "plastidip" is like comparing a rattle can of Rustoleum to BMW individual paint. They are NOT the same thing.

You are correct that Autoflex requires a high quality installer with a high quality paint gun and booth. That's because it is a high quality product, and needs to be installed professionally. It's just like paint, and requires quality control to look its best. Maybe your installer was a rookie or didn't know what he was doing. If there was "overspray," that was a terrible mistake by the installer, not the fault of the product.
That's why it is important to make sure you find a high quality installer, just like we should all do if we're looking at a PPF or wrap installer

I've now had two BMWs Autoflexed, and have had more than a dozen friends do the same. The result is simply amazing. It looks and behaves just like normal paint - - except that it has the protective qualities of PPF and can be peeled off, leaving a brand new unblemished paint job underneath.

I had my San Marino Blue M2 at many car shows and dealerships next to factory original M6s and M3s in San Marino Blue, and you couldn't tell the difference. Dealer employees have seen it and thought I must have somehow gotten an "individual" BMW paint job.

Autoflex (the latest updated version is "Clarity Coat") is now on it's 4th update, and it keeps getting better and better.

Mine was just applied (all 6 coats over 3 days), and it is thick [...]
I’m not going to attack anyone and to each their own but this product is a nightmare to remove.

A friend had this professionally sprayed onto a c63 and it looked like a maco repaint at best.

Before he traded the car in I help him attempt to remove this wannabe plastidip and it’s next to impossible. You end up needing a full paint correction from the remove abrasion. Not to mention the slight overspray on the rubber is there to stay.

The prep work involved before application strips the clear coat of all wax and sealers and make removal that much more difficult.

Even after professional paint correction you could tell the paint wasn’t perfect. I wouldn’t spray this on a lawnmower let a lot a bmw.

But if your happy that’s awesome!
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 1