03-20-2023, 04:16 AM   #120
HawksG42
CE560XL Pilot
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin13013 View Post
He "assumed" what 99% of people could discern just to make a M240 vs M2 comparison. This is a perfect example! I simply commented on the discourse that you see in the BMW community since the advent of "M Lite" situation. I buy these cars simply to enjoy them, not a status whore. The M3 vs M340 or M2 vs M240 that the M lite owners bring up is a little annoying.
I have to be honest, prior to owning my G42, I probably never would have looked at it if it wasn’t for the M badge. It’s clearly a marketing tool (and an effective one).

I’ve always wanted a BMW and I wanted a quick one but I’ve never had the time to study the differences between the identifiers. The most I knew were the basics of 2,3,4,5,1! etc but I always knew the “M” needed to be on mine. Now that I have it, I want to remove it so the chump in the Tesla has no clue what they’re about to witness! Now that I have my “M-lite” I’m sucked into the culture that is BMW and love it. I can’t wait until my warranty is over so I can start playing.
Appreciate 0