View Single Post
      03-24-2022, 12:02 PM   #1222
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
This was pretty much a given; there was absolutely no reason for them to revise the 2 Series headlights or taillights exclusively for the G87. A vehicle with such a low take rate and a relatively standard MSRP.

The economies of scale dictate that they have to get their money's worth from the equipment they've already engineered and certified for the current 2 Series chassis.

However, somewhere down the line, I expect the G42/87 to have a laser light option but I doubt it will be for the initial run.. More than likely that will be a LCI upgrade..
Yes, I don't disagree. I just factored in the different front bumper design and it being the M divisions 50yr anniversary that maybe, just maybe they would put on different headlights. I even thought they might just take existing lights from a different model instead of making bespoke ones for the G87. Never crossed my mind that they could have a different bumper shape for the lights and just put vents there, that was a curve ball. The vents on the M2 CS Racing look really cool, albeit they are in the bumper. I hope they look good on the G87.
Appreciate 0