Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
This was pretty much a given; there was absolutely no reason for them to revise the 2 Series headlights or taillights exclusively for the G87. A vehicle with such a low take rate and a relatively standard MSRP.

The economies of scale dictate that they have to get their money's worth from the equipment they've already engineered and certified for the current 2 Series chassis.

However, somewhere down the line, I expect the G42/87 to have a laser light option but I doubt it will be for the initial run.. More than likely that will be a LCI upgrade..
Yes, I don't disagree. I just factored in the different front bumper design and it being the M divisions 50yr anniversary that maybe, just maybe they would put on different headlights. I even thought they might just take existing lights from a different model instead of making bespoke ones for the G87. Never crossed my mind that they could have a different bumper shape for the lights and just put vents there, that was a curve ball. The vents on the M2 CS Racing look really cool, albeit they are in the bumper. I hope they look good on the G87.
I'm sure it will look fine, relative to BMW's current design language and more than likely the vents will be functional.. Possibly some sort of ram air to the intake box, with a perforated elbow piping to deflect water buildup. Smart engineering, if this is indeed the case.
Appreciate 0