Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 Supra 3.0

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.17]
2021 Toyota Supra  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDramaG42 View Post
Wow that's gotta be something despite weighing quite a lot more than the Supra.
At this point, I care more about the agility and feel, rather that out right performance on a track per say.
I know. I think some of it comes down to the tires too, the stock supra comes with PSS which on the supra you can break lose at 30mph...the PS4S is much better and while they won't hook up perfectly from a dig they are significantly better.

Quote:
Which brand if you dont mind, and I assume you got both Front and Rears done.
aFe - using the recommended settings. And yes I did front and rear. The rear is a pain in the ass but doable if you have a decent setup to do it at home. I have a quickjack and jack/stands and was able to do it with that without a problem other than the pain of dropping the subframe a bit.

Quote:
The toyota dealership / amateur technicians, is a big concern. That's why I havent taken the Supra back to the dealer even for oil changes (first or any).
The MT is a fun car, but imo it feels and wants to be driven in a more old school, less aggressive and more a calm way (for instance it does not like fast or hard shifts) than its AT twin that can take the abuse at all levels.
I got my initial oil change done at the toyota but thats it. Its also such a pain in the ass that at least locally the 2 toyota dealers only have 1 "certified supra tech" so you need to schedule it around when they are working. The AT was a ton of fun and honestly with sport mode on, it was great on track, always seemed to be in the right gear (I am not a HPDE expert but it was very capable to me). That being said I love a manual car. I have an AT dd (RDX, which I honestly hate driving, not because its bad but because its not the car type I like driving, smaller, nimble cars are my stuff but family stuff, you know). Regarding the faster shifting and such, I'm probably going to get the rogue SSK and bushing soon, I know that won't fix a lot of the "issues" but at least it'll be more direct and precise. Additionally, I've been driving currently with rev match enabled and once my break in is done, I'll probably disable that more and see how that goes but I hear revhang is pretty bad. Lots of things to look into.