View Single Post
      12-31-2022, 11:52 AM   #6
adaller7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatarwj View Post
I used the goo gone “automotive” for the M240 badge removal. I don’t think this was mentioned, but be sure to hear the badge up fisrt with a heat gun or blow dryer. No need to get it hot to touch, you just want to warm it up, as it will make the adhesive tacky, and you can easily pull it off with you fingers. When doing this approach, I was left with very minimal adhesive left o bathe car, so a small squirt (size of nickel) on a microfiber towel will take the remainder off. Remember to prep the area with rubbing alcohol after and this will remove the remainder of the goo gone and make the area ready for the new badge. If debaddging, I would still use the rubbing alcohol to get the goo gone off, then make sure you re wax that area, if that pertains to your car prep practices.

If replacing badge, please use painters tape around your old one prior to removing, and purchase the genuine BNW one, as the new badge comes positioned in a clear window with tape around the edges, so that when you remove your old one, the painters tape is left, take the backing off of the new badge, and just put it exactly where the old one was, inside your painters tape. Also, one more tip for badge replacement, reheat the new badge once on to ensure the adhesive on the badge is adhered the best it can be.

For the wing adhesive removal process, you will need the 3M wheel. It works amazing, you can go at it more than you think and it will not damage your car. Also, if you are using a 12v drill, you will need a second battery so have the back up charged and ready to go.

If you need [...]
Thanks so much for the response, as far as the wheel though, AUTOID had a youtube video for the wing, they just heated the residue after removing the lip and they just peeled the adhesive right off after heating it a little. Is that the case? or do you actually need the wheel because i don’t own one
Appreciate 0