View Single Post
      09-02-2021, 10:21 AM   #51
aaaaah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Wow these are some really great option packages for a non-M. It's going to be difficult to spring for the M--suppose that's why they are differentiating them further than traditionally. Really is a shame there won't be a manual.

I don't think it is. It's an impressive product that is easy to maintain. It's not like BMWs leather is nice. It sucks. Nappa and Dakota both require constant care to keep from cracking and wearing. I am guessing Vernasca isn't much better? Leather has never been BMWs strong suit.

My only other issue with the car is that gauge pod. I am really not a fan of it. I had a loaner F44 for a month and never got used to it. It's very busy, cluttered, and doesn't offer enough customizability given it is all digital. I would pay for traditional gauges as an option.
Builder shows that the gauge cluster comes as a separate option or as part of the premium package. Shame they tie the better infotainment screen and headlights to it though.

The Dakota Red in my F22 was a nightmare to maintain to help limit it from wearing and cracking. Car was 18 months old with 20k miles on it when i got it and the outer bolster on the drivers backrest had a crack

I loved the colour with mineral grey outside but i would just do black sensatec the next time. If they had a dark brown sensatec I'd be tempted but that's as far as I'd go. I would choose cloth 100% of the time if it was available.
Appreciate 0