View Single Post
      09-05-2022, 04:58 PM   #22
Fahfoofnik
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 230i LCI

A vote for the 230i. I echo the couple of folks in the "don't need the power" chorus. The '22 230i I've got is amazing. I don't track my cars and the hp in the 230i is all I need. Yeah it's RWD & I'm in the Midwestern USA, but my family & I have had cars without either snow tires or all wheel drive for 30+ years and we do just fine in that department.

I think it's a very personal thing. For me I tend to stray from the "must have all the power always" mentality. There's nothing wrong with that, but in the months I've had the 230i there have been zero issues with overtaking, spirited driving when I want to, plus all the luxury and comfortability I've always wanted.

When I bought mine the next best M240i that was closest to my budget was still $6,000 more than I could afford to spend. I had the thought, "Maybe I should just wait -- and hold out for the bigger engine when I can afford it."

However, after taking a 230i for a spin & comparing it with the M240i & its driving experience, it was easier to make up my mind. The 230i had absolutely everything I wanted; I ended up finding one well within my price range; and I have zero regrets.

Other than being able to tell people who ask if it's a 6-cylinder or a 4-banger (a lot of olds in my family) that it's a 4, for my own driving tastes and experiences-- the 230i is perfect. I don't really care what others think if I drive a 230i & not an M240i.

I also believe the M240i could very well be better. Think it depends on the driver and what's ultimately important. If it's "speed and power," then yeah -- M240i. For others like me who are enthusiasts but don't feel the need for the most in the class -- to me, the 230i has the best mix of pep, quickness and overall speed in the most comfortable and luxurious package in a price range I can afford.
Appreciate 0