View Single Post
      04-20-2022, 05:34 PM   #23
Caerus
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Thanks for the input, guys. It is hard to take a proper picture, but here is a very close up. I know my way around a paint/body shop and have done this type of work and more. I used 3M adhesive remover, heated with a hair dryer and some floss to gently remove the emblem. Once off, used a micro-fiber cloth and 3M adhesive remover to get the glueish stuff all off. Then to my surprise, I rubbed my finger nail across the surface and there was a raised edge where the emblem was. It was completely clear and appears to be that the clear coat slightly lifted. By hand I used rubbing compound and polish to try and remove it and no luck at all.

As you can see from the picture, the clear coat is raised and a slight spec of clear coat lifted off, but does not look as bad as this picture shows. To me the only way to fix this is wet sanding and a compound buffing/polishing machine. But I suspect the emblem was put on before a proper curing of the clear coat. So, I would worry that wet sanding would remove the clear coat where the emblem was and pose a bigger problem. Any ways, it does not look to bad; just don’t look to close. If it bothers me, I will get a new badge and put it back on in the same place. That way, no harm, no foul!

So maybe the guy with the poor sentence structure was right and “just don’t remove the badges”.

Appreciate 0