View Single Post
      03-29-2024, 03:00 PM   #19
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
So I guess what you're saying is that if it weren't for the 3 stop and go periods and the good amount of time over 90 mph, you might well have topped 30 mpg?

I'm not doubting you - you have the picture to prove it. I'm just surprised the S58 is so much more efficient than the N55 and S55. And also surprised it beats the EPA estimate by such a large margin.

As the saying goes, YMMV.
I'd guess if one were able to set the cruise at 65 mph, and go for a tank of gas, over 30 mpg would be achievable. I was shocked because my window sticker says 23 hwy, 16 city & 19 combined. I'm also guessing they're not testing hwy at 80-85 mph. In 6k miles I haven't gotten that low a number on a tank of gas. I was fully expecting to get significantly worse mileage/range than I was getting on my 330e, but for my driving I'm getting about the same (~350 - 360 mi/tank).

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 0