View Single Post
      04-24-2022, 07:02 AM   #21
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Interesting what turned me off to modem bmws is the overt emphasis on tech over dynamics and focus. What you find dated is what makes the 718 appealing to those that love BMW sedans and coupes until they went tech over substance. What you call dated is a very focused cockpit in the Cayman with white on black gauges and real car guy stuff like the option to display real-time boost, oil temp, coolant temp and all those dated things that newer BMW fans don't care about. Whatever you say or don't like about the Cayman or it's engine it IS a real sports car... full stop. The m235 is a fantastic car for those that want 4 seats and a fun driving experience but it is too heavy for what it is mainly because modern bmw owners want so much tech and fluff on their cars. I actually just bought a Cayman to go with my other two BMWs before it gets ruined by people like you saying that the super purposeful gauges, a display below the dash line and real buttons to control things go away to appease the new gen tech fans. The reason people are paying insane money for used cars is because those cars were more focused than new ones ruined by people asking for more numbing tech and infotainment. In the cayman my previous 1M and my ZHPs the drive Is the entertainment.
I’m obviously who the bm is aimed at. Creamy straight 6, ability to be a great mile mucher, all the modern tech I need in a quality build, fun when i want it to be. I’d pick the 718 (gts) to go on track but for road use it’s a no brainer for me. I’m a 15 years of audi owner so bmw upsetting the traditional bmw buyers with the m240 has drawn in new buyers to the brand. I know a lot of audi drivers moving to the m240. All wheel drive platform with a quality interior and great tech is something audi no longer deliver in the cost cutting post dieselgate era
Appreciate 2
TJZ67201843.50