Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosoar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosoar View Post
Figured I'd post my progress here in lieu of the Online Config thread.

Ordered a 230i on 9/20. Entered production on 9/24.

Specs:
230i
M Sport Trim
Alpine White
Cognac SensaTec
Dynamic Handling Package (blue calipers)
Moonroof Delete
No other options/packages (though the Convenience Pkg gets rolled in with M Sport trim)

I was told should be a standard 6-8 week wait for delivery, but I don't know if that's based on anything real. New car, new plant, so we'll see. I was told the simplicity of my order did not flag any supply delays WRT chips.
After closer review of the "MyBMW" account info, they don't provide a date for each step of the production. However, if one checks each day, they'll note the change and the effective date therein...at least that's my assumption.

My salesman is great and has provided me his information, which are the same production line benchmarks, but with more data. The big update here is, my car did enter production on 9/24, but that it is scheduled to be completed on 10/08! The next pending step is "Exterior Body Assembly," which is not noted quite yet.

We'll see if the car is done in two weeks, if so, there should be much movement in the "MyBMW" Tracker in the coming days....COVID supply chain issues notwithstanding.
That's around about the same with me. Looks like I'm a week ahead of you with an expected completion date of 10/04. My car still hasn't moved from Production begins though. Hopefully it'll move soon though!
Appreciate 1
Dinosoar290.50